TA Feedback - EFISCEN
- Norway spruce monoculture versus near-natural forest management: comparison of energy, carbon and economic balance - May 2013
- Sustainable Forest Management at landscape level (Susforland) - April/May 2013
Applicant: Mendel University in Brno, Czech Republic
Visit date: 15-24 May 2013
Feedback: During the stay, I learned how to use the EFISCEN model, using my personal data for modeling, and prepared data for use in an article. This included:
- analysis of sustainable forest management regimes
- exploring wood and biomass production possibilities
- analysis of climate change impacts on forests
It was a good experience for me to discuss our data with other scientists and a research group with extensive knowledge in a foreign institute.
Applicant: Laboratory of Global Ecology, Dipartimento di Bioscienze e Territorio, Università degli Studi di Isernia, Italy
Visit date: April-May 2013 (5 days)
Feedback: Hans Verkerk, the site manager of the infrastructure (EFISCEN, Joensuu), supported me in all project phases during my visit. He helped me to arrange data input, perform preliminary analysis and interpret the results I obtained. He led me to solve problems in managing tricky steps concerning the use of the model, and was very important for my learning and my progress.
I think that Trees4Future is an important chance for all researchers around Europe, who do not have the same possibilities, instruments, tools and services in their own institutions, to complete properly their research actitivities. From my experience of the Transnational Access programme, I found an amazing environment to work in the best way and very good researchers supporting me.